Adelaide, South Australia is a city full of surprises and hidden gems. While it may not be as well known as some of the other major cities in Australia, it has a lot to offer to both tourists and locals alike. In this article, we will explore 10 fun and unique things to do in Adelaide that you won’t find anywhere else.
- Visit the Adelaide Central Market. Located in the heart of the city, the Adelaide Central Market is a must-visit for anyone interested in food and culture. With over 80 stalls selling a variety of fresh produce, meats, cheeses, and other specialty items, it’s the perfect place to find unique ingredients and try new flavors. The market also hosts a number of cooking demonstrations and cultural events throughout the year.
- Take a walk through the Adelaide Botanic Garden. Located just a few minutes from the city center, the Adelaide Botanic Garden is a beautiful oasis of greenery and flowers. The garden is home to a number of different plant species, including a number of rare and endangered ones. In addition to the plants, the garden also has a number of walking trails, a café, and a number of events and activities throughout the year.
- Check out the street art in the Adelaide CBD. Adelaide has a thriving street art scene, with a number of talented local artists creating beautiful and thought-provoking works all around the city. Take a walk through the Adelaide CBD and keep an eye out for murals, graffiti, and other forms of street art. You never know what you might find!
- Go wine tasting in the Adelaide Hills. The Adelaide Hills region is home to a number of world-class wineries, and is just a short drive from the city center. Take a tour of some of the local wineries and taste some of the delicious wines produced in the region. Many of the wineries also offer food and other activities, making for a fun and relaxing day out.
- Explore the Adelaide Hills on a scenic drive. In addition to the wineries, the Adelaide Hills region is also home to a number of scenic drives and lookouts. Take a drive through the hills and enjoy the beautiful views of the surrounding countryside. There are a number of different routes to choose from, each offering something unique and beautiful.
- Visit the Art Gallery of South Australia. Located in the heart of the Adelaide CBD, the Art Gallery of South Australia is home to a wide range of artworks from around the world. The gallery has a number of permanent collections, as well as a rotating selection of temporary exhibitions. Whether you’re a fan of traditional paintings and sculptures or more modern forms of art, there’s something for everyone at the Art Gallery of South Australia.
- Go for a swim at Glenelg Beach. Located just a short tram ride from the city center, Glenelg Beach is a popular destination for both tourists and locals. The beach is wide and sandy, and the water is usually quite calm and safe for swimming. There are also a number of restaurants, cafes, and other amenities in the area, making it a great place to spend a day by the water.
- Take a tour of the Adelaide Oval. The Adelaide Oval is a world-class sporting venue located in the heart of the city. It’s home to a number of different sports teams, and is also a popular concert venue. Take a tour of the oval and learn about its history, or catch a game or concert while you’re in town.
- Go on a brewery tour. Adelaide is home to a number of local breweries, many of which offer tours and tastings. Take a tour of a brewery and learn about the brewing.
- Visit the Adelaide Zoo. The Adelaide Zoo is home to a wide range of animals, including some that are native to Australia. In addition to the traditional exhibits, the zoo also has a number of interactive experiences, including a chance to feed the giraffes and a walk-through aviary. It’s a great place to spend a few hours, especially if you’re traveling with kids.
Adelaide is a city full of fun and unique things to do. From exploring the city’s vibrant street art scene and visiting the Adelaide Central Market, to going wine tasting in the Adelaide Hills and visiting the Adelaide Zoo, there’s something for everyone. Whether you’re a foodie, an art lover, or an adventure seeker, you’ll find plenty of activities to keep you entertained in Adelaide. So why wait? Start planning your trip to Adelaide, South Australia today!